how to lower
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Part One: Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain
- Give honest and sincere appreciation
- Arouse in the other person an eager want
Part Two: Six Ways to Make People Like You
- Become genuinely interested in other people
- Remember that a person’s name is important
- Be a good listener and encourage others to talk about themselves
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interests
- Make the other person feel important
Part Three: How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- Avoid arguments
- Show respect for the other person’s opinions
- Admit if you are wrong
- Begin in a friendly way
- Get the other person to say “yes” often
- Let the other person do most of the talking
- Try to see things from the other person’s perspective
- Present ideas in ways that appeal to self-interest
- Dramatize your ideas
- Challenge them
Part Four: Be a Leader – How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
- Start with praise and appreciation
- Call attention to mistakes indirectly
- Talk about your own mistakes before pointing out those of others
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders
- Let the other person save face
- Praise every improvement, no matter how small
- Give the other person a reputation to live up to
- Encourage others and make their faults seem easy to correct
- Make the other person feel happy about what you want them to do
Who did that?
Where did it take place?
When did it take place?
Why did that happen?
How did it happen?