where can i
how to get better at
how to reduce
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Part One: Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
- Don’t criticize, condemn, or complain
- Give honest and sincere appreciation
- Arouse in the other person an eager want
Part Two: Six Ways to Make People Like You
- Become genuinely interested in other people
- Remember that a person’s name is important
- Be a good listener and encourage others to talk about themselves
- Talk in terms of the other person’s interests
- Make the other person feel important
Part Three: How to Win People to Your Way of Thinking
- Avoid arguments
- Show respect for the other person’s opinions
- Admit if you are wrong
- Begin in a friendly way
- Get the other person to say “yes” often
- Let the other person do most of the talking
- Try to see things from the other person’s perspective
- Present ideas in ways that appeal to self-interest
- Dramatize your ideas
- Challenge them
Part Four: Be a Leader – How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
- Start with praise and appreciation
- Call attention to mistakes indirectly
- Talk about your own mistakes before pointing out those of others
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders
- Let the other person save face
- Praise every improvement, no matter how small
- Give the other person a reputation to live up to
- Encourage others and make their faults seem easy to correct
- Make the other person feel happy about what you want them to do
1 Step 1
Who did that?
Where did it take place?
When did it take place?
Why did that happen?
How did it happen?